Recipes

I wanted somewhere I could share my favourite recipes for everybody to enjoy! Please note these are not all mine, but they are ones that I enjoy making. Wherever possible, I will reference the original source.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Chocolate Mousse

I made this for dessert last night. I think it was the first time I have ever made chocolate mousse from scratch! Usually I just use those packet thingies!! But this was yummy and I will definitely be making it again.

150g cooking chocolate
4 eggs, separated
300mL cream
2 tablespoons sugar
grated chocolate

Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Allow to cool slightly, then beat in 4 egg yolks. Beat cream until thick, then fold in chocolate mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, then add sugar. Fold egg whites into chocolate & cream mixture.
Pour into serving bowls or glasses (I used martini glasses) and garnish with grated chocolate. Allow to set in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home