Recipes

I wanted somewhere I could share my favourite recipes for everybody to enjoy! Please note these are not all mine, but they are ones that I enjoy making. Wherever possible, I will reference the original source.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Kedgeree

Kedgeree is a firm family favourite in our household. Both my boys just love it!!
Best of all, it is really easy to make and is a good standby for days when you forget to take meat out of the freezer :-)

500g smoked fish (we usually use canned fish, but fresh is even nicer)
2T butter
2 tsp curry powder
1 large onion, chopped
3 eggs, hard boiled
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups water
2T chopped parsley

Steam fish over a low heat.
Melt butter in a frypan, add curry powder and cook until fragrant. Add onion and saute until soft. Meanwhile, place rice and water in a large dish and cook in the microwave for 14 min (or use the "rice" setting).
Chop eggs and flake fish. Mix into hot rice with the onion mixture. Stir to combine and sprinkle with parsley.

Serves 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home