Recipes

I wanted somewhere I could share my favourite recipes for everybody to enjoy! Please note these are not all mine, but they are ones that I enjoy making. Wherever possible, I will reference the original source.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Lemon & Thyme Infused Chicken & Spinach Risotto

This is one of our favourite dishes, and the kids usually like it, too!
I made this for a work lunch today (for 10 people), and it went down a treat.

1T olive oil or butter
400g chicken breast, cubed
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
3 1/2 cups chicken stock (I use 2 1/2 cups chicken stock and 1 cup bacon stock)
1/4 cup white wine
1 tsp lemon zest, finely chopped
1T lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried thyme
4 cups fresh spinach, washed and chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Ground black pepper


Heat oil in a large frypan. Cook chicken and remove from pan. Saute onion and garlic until soft, then add rice and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually add wine and stock, stirring constantly. Cover and simmer for 10 min, stirring often.Add chicken, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme. Cover and simmer for 6 min, stirring once or twice.
Add spinach. Cover and simmer for 3 min.
Add Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Stir to combine.
Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese.


Serves 4

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home