Recipes

I wanted somewhere I could share my favourite recipes for everybody to enjoy! Please note these are not all mine, but they are ones that I enjoy making. Wherever possible, I will reference the original source.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Oven-Fried Lemon Chicken

When I was a teenager living at home, I used to cook dinner once a week. This (along with Lasagne) was one of the first dishes I ever cooked. I found the recipe in a really old cookbook of my mum's that she never used!

1.5kg chicken pieces
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp paprika
100g butter

Lemon Sauce:
1 dessert spoon soy sauce
1 dessert spoon grated lemon zest
1 clove crushed garlic
salt & pepper
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup lemon juice

To make the lemon sauce, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Combine flour, salt, pepper & paprika. Toss chicken pieces in seasoned flour. Grease large ovenproof dish and place chicken skin-side down in a single layer. Melt butter and spoon over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 195C for 30 min. Turn chicken, spoon over lemon sauce and cook for a further 30 min, basting occasionally.

Serves 4

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

hmmm sounds familiar...would that be the big Cordon Bleu cook book??? One of my favourites!!!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home