Recipes

I wanted somewhere I could share my favourite recipes for everybody to enjoy! Please note these are not all mine, but they are ones that I enjoy making. Wherever possible, I will reference the original source.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Best-Ever Cafe Scones

I feel so very fortunate to have this recipe! We used to have an on-site cafe at work, and they made the most delicious scones every day. When the cafe closed down, a lot of people asked the chef for her famous scone recipe, and surprisingly, she obliged!!

4 cups self-raising flour
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups (300mL) cream
1 1/4 cups (300mL) water
milk for glazing

Sift flour and salt into bowl. Gradually stir in the cream and water, then mix with your hands to a soft dough. Pat or roll the dough on a floured surface until 2.5cm thick.
Cut into rounds using a 6.5cm cutter. Place scones on baking tray, almost touching. Brush tops with milk and bake at 220C for approx. 15 min.

Makes 16 scones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home